Hantera is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors in line with current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. This notice explains how we collect personal information, how we use it, how it is kept safe and how you can contact us about it.
Who we are
Hantera is based near Glastonbury and the business is registered at 2b Paxcroft Farm Industrial Estate, Hilpherton, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 6JB. For more information please visit www.hantera.co.uk. Hantera is registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
How we collect information about you
You will have initiated contact to Hantera via telephone, email, a social media message or via our website.
We collect personal information provided from you when we work one-to-one, during our decluttering and organising sessions, in group sessions during talks or workshops and this could be in your own home or a meeting place, over the phone, or an online meeting forum.
We also collect information from the technology you use when dealing with us e.g. through our website, social media, discussion forums and market research.
The personal information that we collect and store is for us to make a booking and for the day to day running of our business. This can be taken via email, telephone conversation or face to face and includes:
- Your full name
- Your telephone numbers
- Your physical address
- Your email
- Other online names (such as Instagram name)
- Details about why you require our services
During a session we will ask your permission to take photographs, both before and after shots. The photographs will be sent to your own digital device. In addition, with your consent, we may use these photographs on our website/social media. All photographs will be de-personalised and unidentifiable to you, with no location tags, unless otherwise agreed.
Our website uses ‘cookie’ technology. Cookies save and store information on your device when you visit our website and allow web traffic to be analysed and monitored helping us make improvements to our site. Cookies do not give us access to your device or any information about you other than the information you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies through your browser settings.
How we use your information
We don’t keep your information for longer than we need to, which is usually up to six years after our working relationship ends.
We use the contact details you have provided to make a booking, to send you invoices, photographs and information relevant to your session with us and to identify ways in which we can improve our service. We do this by email, text, other digital media, phone and post. If we ever contact you to get your feedback, you have the choice to opt out.
With your permission we will use your personal information to make you aware of our services and offers that may be of interest to you. You can decide not to receive direct marketing from us.
We will only share your information outside Hantera with third parties and contractors who are also GDPR compliant and with your permission. This would be to provide products, services and information, such as removal firms, charities, cleaning, storing or sellers, for example.
How we keep your information safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with third parties who act on our behalf. We keep our computers, files and building secure. Your information is accessed through a laptop or phone which is password protected.In the case of any of these storage methods being stolen, breached or hacked we will do the following within 72 hours of discovering the incident:
- Notify the police if it is a physical theft or loss of laptop or phone
- Notify our email and server provider if it is a case of email hacking
- Report the incident to the ICO if it puts your rights and freedoms at risk
- We would contact you if your personal data has been compromised
We will not sell or share your information with any third parties without your permission, or unless we are required to do so by law.
How you can contact us about your information
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold and to correct or update information that is wrong.
- It is your duty to inform us of any changes to your personal information to ensure that it is up to date.
- You can stop us using your information in certain circumstances, such as to stop direct marketing.
- You may ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask us to send your information to another organisation for them to use. You can do this by telephone, email, in person or in writing confirming your exact requirements.
- When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information.
If you have questions about this policy, or would like to have access to, amend or delete any personal information we hold on you, please contact email@example.com